Although 2020 was a challenging year for all of us, the SLELO Partnership was able to accomplish quite a bit.
- We assisted with restoration efforts on Tug Hill by planting an additional 8,500 climate-adaptable, forest pest-resistant trees.
- We intercepted aquatic invasive species on 1,243 occasions preventing their spread to and from other North American waterbodies.
- We utilized innovation such as (biocontrols and eDNA) to protect our lands and waters.
- We hosted 35 virtual education and outreach events across a 5-county region directly engaging 39,578 individuals.
- We prepared an Urban Forest Sustainability Guidebook for cities to enhance the health of urban forests in the path of invasive species and a changing climate.