- This event has passed.
South Sandy Creek Experience: Walk, Paddle, and Demonstrations
June 11, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Saturday, June 11th
Lakeview Wildlife Management Area South Sandy Creek Car-top Boat Launch
2234 NY-3, Mannsville, NY 13661 (Google Map)
As part of New York’s Invasive Species Awareness Week, SLELO PRISM is hosting a special event showcasing the invasive species management & restoration work we’ve undergone as part of our Aquatic Restoration Initiative. This event will also include a full day of activities including the following:
- Hands-on aquatic and terrestrial plant identification
- A guided walk to exhibit invasive species control & restoration work that has been done at the site
- Mobile app demonstrations for iMapInvasives and iNaturalist
- eDNA water sample demonstrations
- Underwater drone demonstrations
- Watercraft inspection demonstrations
- The day will end with a guided paddle showcasing control & restoration work that has been done along the shoreline of the creek. An option to paddle to the beach to enjoy your own bagged lunch will be offered.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to list your events on our events page and on Facebook.
SLELO PRISM Partner Meeting Schedule: Our partners have decided to meet on a seasonal/quarterly basis. We will meet the third week of these months: January, April, July, and October alternating between Wednesdays and Thursdays, starting at 10 am.
If you are a Partner and want to receive partner meeting invitations and announcements please follow this link.
If you are not a Partner and have an interest in attending a Partner Meeting as a guest, please contact Rob Williams, the PRISM Manager at email@example.com.
Save the Date for 2022 Partner Meetings:
Wednesday, January 19th @ 10 am
Thursday, April 21st @ 10 am
Wednesday, July 20th @ 10 am
Thursday, October 20th beginning at 10 am at the NYS DEC Lowville Sub-office located at 7327 NY-812, Lowville, NY 13367
The PRISM Network hosts a monthly Speaker Series on the last Wednesday of each month (except, July, August, and December).
iMapInvasives holds training webinars after the PRISM Speaker Series from 1 pm-2 pm. Visit the iMap website for details and to register.
View Events Pages of the PRISM Network