Contact email@example.com to list your events on our events page and Facebook.
View Events Pages of the PRISM Network
South Sandy Creek Experience: Walk, Paddle, and Demonstrations
June 11 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Saturday, June 11th
Lakeview Wildlife Management Area South Sandy Creek Car-top Boat Launch
2234 NY-3, Mannsville, NY 13661 (Google Map)
As part of New York’s Invasive Species Awareness Week, SLELO PRISM is hosting a special event showcasing the invasive species management & restoration work we’ve undergone as part of our Aquatic Restoration Initiative. This event will also include a full day of activities including the following:
- Hands-on aquatic and terrestrial plant identification
- A guided walk to exhibit invasive species control & restoration work that has been done at the site
- Mobile app demonstrations for iMapInvasives and iNaturalist
- eDNA mobile lap tour & water sample demonstrations
- Underwater drone demonstrations
- Watercraft inspection demonstrations
- The day will end with a guided paddle showcasing control & restoration work that has been done along the shoreline of the creek. An option to paddle to the beach to enjoy your own bagged lunch will be offered.
PRISM Partner Meeting Schedule: Our partners have decided to meet on a seasonal/quarterly basis. We will meet the third week of these months: January, April, July, and October alternating between Wednesdays and Thursdays, starting at 10 am.
If you are a Partner and want to receive partner meeting invitations and announcements please follow this link.
If you are not a Partner and have an interest in attending a Partner Meeting as a guest, please contact Rob Williams, the PRISM Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the Date for 2021 Partner Meetings:
Due to COVID, all meetings will be virtual until further notice.
Wednesday, January 19th @ 10 am
Thursday, April 21st @ 10 am
Wednesday, July 20th @ 10 am
Thursday, October 20th @10am
The PRISM Network hosts a monthly Speaker Series on the last Wednesday of each month (except, July, August, and December).
iMapInvasives holds training webinars after the PRISM Speaker Series from 1 pm-2 pm. Visit the iMap website for details and to register.