- This event has passed.
Hike to Protect Hemlocks- Guided Hike Series
November 18, 2022 @ 10:00 am - March 24, 2023 @ 12:00 pm
Join guided hikes to learn how to survey for and report hemlock woolly adelgid – an invasive insect that kills hemlock trees. The Eastern Hemlock is a key tree species found throughout the Tug Hill region that provides many benefits for people and nature. Detecting the presence of HWA early on enhances management efforts to protect infested trees and helps to stop the spread to new areas. Trainers will help participants learn how to identify the Eastern Hemlock, survey for HWA, and report observations using their smartphones through a free mobile application called iMapInvasives (a community science tool).
These walks are hosted by SLELO PRISM and the Tug Hill Tomorrow Land Trust.
Prior to attending, participants should follow these steps:
Guided Walk and Talk Schedule: Registration is required to attend so we can communicate updates and logistics for the hikes.
Each walk begins at 10 AM and is aimed to end by 12:30 PM
- Forest Park, Camden- Thursday, February 9th (Alternate bad weather date 2/10) (Directions)REGISTRATION REQUIRED
- Salmon River Falls, Orwell- Thursday, March 16th (Alternate bad weather date 3/24) (Directions) REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Previously Scheduled Walks
- 11/18/22 Joseph Blake Wildlife Sanctuary (Directions) (CANCELED DUE TO BLIZZARD)
- 12/29/22 (12/30 Alternate Date) Salmon River Falls Unique Area (Directions) (CANCELED DUE TO NO REGISTRATIONS)
- 1/27/23 Trenton Greenbelt (Directions) (postponed from original 1/26 date due to weather).
- 2/9/23 (2/10 Alternate Date) Forest Park (Directions)
Contact email@example.com to list your events on our events page and on Facebook.
SLELO PRISM Partner Meeting Schedule: Our partners have decided to meet on a seasonal/quarterly basis. We will meet the third week of these months: January, April, July, and October alternating between Wednesdays and Thursdays, starting at 10 am.
If you are a Partner and want to receive partner meeting invitations and announcements please follow this link.
If you are not a Partner and have an interest in attending a Partner Meeting as a guest, please contact Rob Williams, the PRISM Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the Date for 2023 Partner Meetings:
Wednesday, January 19th @ 10 am
Thursday, April 20th @ 10 am (Watertown CCE)
Wednesday, July 19th @ 10 am (TBD)
The PRISM Network hosts a monthly Speaker Series on the last Wednesday of each month (except, July, August, and December).
View the Webinar Schedule & Access Recordings
iMapInvasives holds training webinars after the PRISM Speaker Series from 1 pm-2 pm. Visit the iMap website for details and to register.
View Events Pages of the PRISM Network