- Hemlock Tree Identification and Ecology
- Introduction to Hemlock Woolly Adelgid
- HWA Early Detection Survey Techniques
- Reporting Observations Using iMapInvasives Mobile App
- Help strengthen early detection efforts for invasive species
Dress for cold and snow!
Attendees are encouraged to make a free iMapInvasives user account and download the iMap mobile app prior to attending the hike. By searching for and reporting observations, volunteers aid a state-wide effort to monitor for and manage HWA.
Before attending the hike please follow the below steps to set up a free iMapInvasives user account.
- Visit https://imapinvasives.
natureserve.org/imap/login.jsp and make a free iMap account (instructions if needed)
If you have a mobile device, follow these additional steps:
- Download the iMapInvasives mobile app in the google play or the app store onto your mobile device
- Visit your email and find the iMapInvasive user account confirmation email and open it to confirm your account
- Sign onto the IMapInvasives mobile app using the credentials you made on the iMap Website
- We will show you how to use the mobile app at the training here is a guide for reference
- For those using the online version here are instructions and SLELO PRISM hosts trainings on how to use the iMap desktop version in the spring and there are other trainings available at https://www.nyimapinvasives.