Important events & dates in 2018:
Our partners will list meetings, updates, workshops, and other notices here as they arise. Your contributions to this list are most welcome. Please send your news & updates to Megan Pistolese, email@example.com, include a date/location/description/contact for events, thank you.
PRISM Partner Meeting Schedule: Our PRISM partners have decided to meet on a bi-monthly basis. We will continue to meet the third week of every other month and alternate between Wednesdays and Thursdays. For information on upcoming meetings and locations, please contact Rob Williams, the PRISM Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MONDAY MAY 7, 2018; 9:30AM-11:30AM REGISTER HERE: https://goo.gl/Tk5iba
Pollinator Pathway Workshops (Events are Free), Pre-Registration Required (yardmap.org accounts need to be created for you prior to the workshops).
- Thursday, May 31st 6pm-9pm at the Indian River Lakes Conservancy Educational Building located at 43982 Stine Rd, Redwood, NY 13679. Please preregister with Megan Pistolese, email@example.com, 315 387-3600 x7724. Event Flyer
- June 20th (rain date June 22nd) from 10am-2:30pm at the TILT’s Zenda Farms Preserve, 38973 Zenda Road, Clayton, NY 13624. There is an opportunity to help plant native species in the Zenda Farms garden, please notify Megan when you register if you’re interested in helping. To register contact Megan Pistolese, firstname.lastname@example.org, 315 387-3600 x7724.Event Flyer
THTLT Garlic Mustard Pull & Pesto Workshop: Fri. June 1st 3pm-5pm at Thompson Park, Watertown, NY. To register contact Lianna Lee Lianna Lee email@example.com. Event Flyer, Garlic Mustard Fact Sheet & Pesto Recipe
2018 Watercraft Inspection Steward Program Trainings: In Western NY-May 21-23 at the De Veaux Woods and in Lower Hudson NY- Fort Niagra State Parks. May 23-25 at the Norrie Point Environmental Center.
Registration closes May 1st.
Western NY Registration: http://ow.ly/RBYr30ivLFZ
Lower Hudson Registration: http://ow.ly/Sskd30ivLHM
The Great Lakes Hydrilla Collaborative Technical Webinar Series continues on June 12 at 2:00 pm ET as Dr. Rob Richardson of North Carolina State University presents on Monoecious Hydrilla Biology and Implications for Management. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register!
- June 13th (rain date 7/14), 11am-3:30pm, Wachtmeister Field Station, Co. Rd. 27, Canton, NY 13617.
- June 18th (rain date 7/19), 11am-3:30pm, SUNY Oswego Rice Creek Field Station, Brownell Rd. Oswego, NY
Aquatic Invasive Species Workshops: To register for these events contact email@example.com 315-387-3600 x7724
- Saturday, August 25th; 11am-3pm at the Harrisville First United Methodist Church, 14294 Maple Street, Harrisville, NY 13648. The event is Free and Open to the Public. There is a volunteer Phragmites removal effort after the workshop. Event Flyer
- Saturday, August 30th 1-4pm at the Colton Fire Station located at Riverside Drive, Colton, NY 13525. There will be an opportunity to volunteer for a Eurasian Water Milfoil removal effort to be scheduled for this fall.