On behalf of the partners of the St. Lawrence and Eastern Lake Ontario Partnership for Regional Invasive Species Management (SLELO PRISM), I am pleased to announce a Request for Proposals for implementation in 2019.
The SLELO PRISM would like to entertain proposals for invasive species related projects. The intent of this effort is to identify possible projects that will supplement the great work that is already being done by our partners and seasonal staff.
The five project categories that the SLELO PRISM would like to support to include:
- Early Detection searches for prevention (watch-list) species (list provided).
- Eradication and control of low-abundance populations of (target management species, list provided) PRISM-wide or in managed areas to protect rare species and significant natural communities.
- Site restoration & resiliency, to restore recently treated sites to native plant composition and to make treatment sites resilient to subsequent invasions by promoting native flora and fauna and processes.
- Unique and strategic initiatives related to education and outreach to prevent the introduction of new species.
- Projects that address whole ecosystems, habitats, prevention and pathway issues including citizen science and support of volunteer surveillance networks.
To request a application, please contact Rob Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposals are due no later than 3:00 p.m. December 10, 2018.